Interesting Facts About WordPress You Should Know
WordPress is one of the most used content management systems used around the world. Interesting facts about WordPress will explain why it is awesome. Created using PHP & MySQL power most of the blogs on the internet.
WordPress is content management software you can use to create a multipurpose website or blog. A lot of commercially successful sites are built on top of WordPress, like Mashable, Make Use Of, etc. WordPress has everything beautiful designs, powerful features, and the freedom to build anything you want.
WordPress is open source software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, or app. It is both free and priceless at the same time.
Interesting Facts About WordPress
- WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) written in PHP.
- WordPress stores its data in MySQL or MariaDB database.
- WordPress is owned by Automattic Inc. an American software company.
- Originally created as a blog-publishing system but has now evolved to support other standard web content types.
- 41% of the web uses WordPress, from hobby blogs to the biggest news sites online.
- Now, WordPress can be used for building mailing lists, forums, media galleries, membership sites, learning management systems (LMS), social networking sites, QNA i.e. Questions & Answers websites, portfolios, news websites, smartphone app backends, and online e-commerce stores.
- WordPress follows the plugin architecture. You can extend WordPress functionality by creating a suitable plugin. There is a tonne of plugins available for WordPress.
- WordPress themes can be used to make the complete makeover of the website.
- By adding just a single plugin you can turn your existing WordPress blog into an online shopping store. E.g. Woo Commerce.
- By adding a single plugin you can turn a WordPress blog into a social networking website, forum, QnA site, or anything.
- WordPress is now a full-grown software system with an enormous amount of usage and industry support.
- WordPress is owned by the same software company that owns the most popular microblogging site, Tumblr.
- WordPress is shipped with the GPLv2+ license. The GNU General Public License is a series of widely-used free software licenses that guarantee end-users the freedom to run, study, share, and modify the software.
- WordPress is free to download and use. Anyone can download, deploy and use it for commercial purposes. WordPress software is free, but, hosting requires a server ready with PHP and MySQL.
- WordPress is a flexible Content Management System that allows anyone to install and build something useful.
- WordPress was released 17 years ago, on May 27, 2003.
- WordPress uses the popular server-side scripting language Hypertext Preprocessor, aka PHP. It is a general-purpose scripting language especially suited to web development. It was originally created by Danish-Canadian programmer Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994. Mark Zuckerberg developed his social network using PHP itself.
- WordPress has a web template system using a template processor. A web template system in web publishing lets web designers and developers work with web templates to automatically generate custom web pages, such as the results from a search.
- A template processor is a software designed to combine templates with a data model to produce result documents. The language that the templates are written in is known as a template language or templating language. WordPress uses a template processing system to build a reusable web content management system.
- At the time of writing this article, you can extend your WordPress experience with 58,483 plugins.
This is how WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems on the internet, that is free, open-source, and easy to get started. Do you use WordPress? What is your opinion about this elegant and multipurpose CMS?