Interesting Facts About Emma Watson You Should KnowPosted 4 months ago
Interesting Facts About Emma Watson, the Granger girl from the Harry Potter movie series. She's an English actress, model, and activist, best known for her work in the Harry Potter movie series based on novels published by J.K. Rowling.
Interesting Facts About Emma Watson
- She is an English actress, model, and activist.
- She is born on born 15 April 1990.
- Her full name is Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson.
- She was born in Paris and raised in Oxfordshire.
- She attended the Dragon School.
- She got her career kick with the first professional acting role as Hermione Granger in Harry Potter movie series based on J.K. Rowling.
- In 2006, Watson played Hermione in The Queen's Handbag, a special mini-episode of Harry Potter in celebration of Queen Elizabeth II's 80th birthday.
- Up to 2007, she has earned more than £10 million from the Harry Potter series.
- In 2008, she lent her voice to The Tale of Despereaux. It's a 2008 British-American computer-animated adventure fantasy film directed by Sam Fell and Rob Stevenhagen.
- In 2011, after the last Harry Potter film, she performed a supporting role in My Week with Marilyn. It's a 2011 drama film directed by Simon Curtis and written by Adrian Hodges.
- In 2013, she portrayed Alexis Neiers in The Bling Ring. It is a 2013 satirical crime film written and directed by Sofia Coppola.
- In 2013, she was honored by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, winning British Artist of the Year.
- In May 2014, she earned her bachelor's degree in English literature from Brown University. Brown University is a private Ivy League research university in Providence, Rhode Island.
- In May 2014, she was appointed a UN Women Goodwill ambassador. It's a post-nominal honorific title, a professional occupation, and/or authoritative designation.
- Watson is best known for her activism. After becoming a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador, she helped launch the UN Women campaign HeForShe. It's a solidarity movement for the advancement of gender equality, initiated by the United Nations.
- In 2017, she played the role of Belle in Beauty and the Beast. It's an American musical romantic fantasy film directed by Bill Condon. Its screenplay was written by Stephen Chbosky and Evan Spiliotopoulos.
- In 2019, she was appointed to a G7 advisory body for women's rights. Women's rights are the rights and entitlements claimed for women and girls worldwide. Here, G7 is The Group of Seven. It's an intergovernmental organization consisting of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- She has performed modeling campaigns for Burberry and Lancome. Burberry is a British luxury fashion house headquartered in London, England. Lancôme is a French luxury perfumes and cosmetics house that distributes products internationally.
- Her debut performance was in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, 2001, a movie based on the work of J.K. Rowling. It was the highest-grossing film of 2001.
- Her role in the film was praised by popular media at that time. IGN admired her by saying she "stole the show". The Daily Telegraph called her performance "admirable". Even after in the next installments of the Harry Potter film her role was always praised by everyone. Some criticised, but in her favour.
- She got introduced to the casting agents of Harry Potter first film by her Oxford theatre teacher. It's a major turning point in her career. The producers were impressed by her confidence and she got shortlisted. After eight auditions, the producer told her that she had been cast in the role of Hermione Granger, one of the best friends of lead character Harry Potter. The role of Harry Potter was played by Daniel Radcliffe.
- She is well known for her roles in both blockbusters, independent films and activism.
- Forbes and Vanity Fair have ranked her as one of the highest-paid actresses.
- She was named as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2015.
Resources to learn more about Emma Watson:
- Emma Watson is named Hollywood's highest-paid female actor
- Emma Watson: $14 million
- Review of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Magic is the only word for it
- Harry Potter magically shatters records
- 2001 Worldwide Grosses
- Hermione Granger | Wikipedia
- Emma Watson | Wikipedia
- The Young Wizard puts away childish things
- New Harry Potter scene for queen
- All Time worldwide opening records